Global GAP is a standard that covers the whole production process of the certified product and all the subsequent agricultural activities until the product leaves the facilities. Moreover it defines the elements for Good Agricultural Practices (GAP), which include:
- Integrated Crop Management (ICM).
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM).
- Quality Management System (QMS).
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP).
- Human welfare, Health and Safety.
- Environmental conservation management.
The objective of Globalgap is to establish a unique standard of Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) that is applicable to different products and to the whole agricultural production while reducing its risks and providing an objective verification tool for a better and systematic and consistent practice.